I saw this tag on Beth’s blog and I thought it looked like fun, so I decided to give this a try! Since there are many questions, I’ll try to keep my answers short and snappy so you guys won’t be stuck here forever lol :’)
1) What’s your name?
Sophia (YES, with an “a”)
2) Any nicknames or aliases?
Sophie, which I think sounds so much cuter and less formal.
3) Your gender?
4) Your star sign?
5) How old are you?
You mean how young I am? 😉 In which case the answer is 27!
6) Your relationship status?
7) Any children?
None (yet 😉 )
8) Any pets?
You guys have probably heard about my dogs, Charles (the greyhound) and Zander (the latest addition to our family- a mini pinscher.)
9) Any tattoos or piercings?
Pierced ears. I did try to get a tattoo in Vegas but chickened out at last minute :’)
10 What do you like about yourself?
Willpower, discipline, and creativity. A killer combination I’d say!
11) What do you dislike about yourself?
Despite the best of intentions, sometimes I can be very awkward.
12) Righty or lefty?
– Lasts –
13) The last thing you drank:
Peach oolong tea at my favourite bubble tea place.
14) The last thing you ate:
Hot pot with my awesome fiance.
15) Your last phone call:
A potential wedding venue!!!
16) Your last text message:
“Sure :)” while planning a phone meet-up with a friend from across the country.
17) Your last email:
To my wedding photographer!!!
18) The last song you listened to:
A Chinese song while hanging out at our favourite bubble tea cafe.
19) The last book you read:
Six of Crows which was HANDS DOWN AMAZING!!!!
20) The last time you cried:
I have a very low threshold for tears and a pretty bad memory so I probably cried some time after this, but this was a conversation with my fiance after we went out for dinner last Monday:
Fiance: Remember that time we had Vietnamese food and we were taking a walk in the neighbourhood before I drove you to the airport, and the sun was setting and you pointed to the sky and you said, “wow, look the cloud looks like a bird!” and I was thinking, you’re right it does look like a bird. And then I was sad because I thought this was such a perfect moment and one day it’s all going to end.
21) The last blog you read:
“August 2018 Recap” by Beth @ Reading Every Night. I am amazed that Beth read 11 books in August! She also reminded me that Wildcard, the sequel to Warcross, is going to be released on September 18 which I am SO EXCITED ABOUT!!!
22) The last person you spoke to:
My friend who is studying at the cafe as I write this blog post!
23) The last place you visited:
Within the city: The cafe where I am at right now. Outside the city……… I’ll have to say last month when I visited Toronto for a friend’s wedding!
24) Your last holiday abroad:
Several winters ago when my friends and I visited Disneyland during Christmas 🙂
– Your Beliefs and Opinions –
49) Do you believe in aliens?
Yes! The universe is so big, there are so many galaxies outside of ours, so it is more likely than not that there is another planet that is conducive to life. However, I believe that aliens will not look anything like what we’ve imagined. The aliens we see in movies and TV shows are still very similar to us, aren’t they? They have eyes, faces, and arms, which means that their bodies likely function very similarly to ours. If life were to evolve independently on a different planet, it is likely to take a very different form.
50) Do you believe in miracles?
I believe in happy coincidences. For examples, if I haven’t stumbled across a book blog during my early WordPress days, I might not have been swept up in the book blogging community. If my fiance didn’t want to do Nanowrimo in 2016, I might not have been inspired to do it myself, and I might not have gotten back into my hobby of writing, therefore I wouldn’t have started this blog. Et cetera 🙂
51) Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
Yes! I am realistic because I believe that there are pros and cons to every situation, and that with the chance of success, there is also the chance of failure. However, I think that having a positive mindset makes us more receptive to ideas and opportunities that we wouldn’t consider otherwise.
52) Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope. Love comes after years of knowing each other’s positive and negative traits, and learning to embrace all aspects of a person.
53) Can money make you happy?
I think the relationship between money and happiness follows the law of diminishing returns. We need a minimum amount of money to be happy, however after this minimum is satisfied, there must be other things such as fulfillment, purpose and belonging that makes us happy.
54) Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
I believe that women can be as accomplished as men.
55) Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
This is a bit too political for me. Skip please 🙂
56) Do you have strong political beliefs?
57) Do you have strong religious beliefs?
58) What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
– Right Now –
59) Are you eating anything right now?
Sharing mocha cake with a friend.
60) Are you drinking anything right now?
A rooibos tea called “Eternal Summer”.
61) What are you listening to right now?
Cafe music (don’t know the name!)
62) What are you thinking about right now?
This post (and my wedding!)
63) What are you waiting for right now?
Nothing. Just doing 🙂
64) What are you most excited about right now?
My upcoming engagement photoshoot and my novel and my next sewing project!
65) What’s your pet peeve right now?
That fashion trend where people where slippers with socks, outdoors. Is this a thing where you are?!
66) What’s your favourite thing right now?
Hmm, not sure.
67) If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Writing a different blog post :’)
– Firsts –
68) Your first best friend:
The first best friend I remember is Yuming, who was my best friend back in China. We were playing a game where we each had a pretend boyfriend. I was assigned Jackie Chan (this was when we were 5 LOL)
74) Your first job:
In grade 11 when I designed a website for a research lab.
75) Your first childhood memory:
Wearing my dad’s shoes which were super big on me!
– Which Would You Choose –
76) Love or money?
77) Twitter or Facebook?
78) Hook up or relationship?
79) Dogs or cats?
80) Coffee or tea?
81) Beer or wine?
82) Sweet or savoury?
83) Introvert or extrovert?
84) Vampires or werewolves?
85) Seaside or countryside?
86) Summer or winter?
Summer. (I am living in the wrong country hahahahaha #Canada)
87) Books or movies?
88) Horror or comedy
– A Few Random Questions to Finish Up On –
89) Do you wish you could change your past?
Nope. Changing my past would mean changing my present. I like how things are in the present so I wouldn’t touch my past!
90) What’s your dream job?
Being a writer.
91) What’s your guilty pleasure?
Spending an entire day reading a super addictive book from beginning to finish, neglecting all chores and adulting stuff.
92) What are you afraid of?
Losing the people I love.
93) What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A manga artist.
94) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Having a time turner like Hermione’s so I can do a gazillion things in a day.
95) If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
96) Would you want immortality?
97) If you could interview anyone alive or dead who would you choose?
I’m terrible at questions like this… skip!!!
98) Would you say you are happy?
99) What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
Do what you love and don’t mind what other people think.
100) Where would you like to be in five years’ time?
I would like to be a more proficient and confident writer and a better pharmacist. Maybe I will have written a few novels that I am not afraid to show people haha… I’ll see where life takes me 🙂
Phew! That was a whirlwind wasn’t it? I won’t tag anyone this time, however please feel free to do this tag if you’d like!
Let me know how you would answer some of these questions!