Thank you Beth @ Reading Every Night for nominating me for this award!
- Include that tidbit about who created this awesome award; theCramm
- Mention the person who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do that will improve the world
- Answer your challenge question
- Nominate 10+ bloggers and give them a fun challenge question
What Motivates Me to Blog
I am super clumsy with speaking. Sometimes I think one thing and another thing comes out of my mouth! When another person stares me down, I feel like I literally lose freedom of thought and cannot think (so I say the closest thing that comes to mind.) This is particularly the case around people I don’t know well. *cue awkward seal*
On the other hand, it is so much easier to write. On paper, I can say exactly what I mean and get my point across. I love having the headspace to think about what I write and having the freedom to go back and refine my words. Therefore blogging is perfect for me: Not only can I write, there are people who are there to read it! WOW.
Speaking of writing, this is what initially drew me to blogging. I’ve always loved writing novels, but for a long time I felt like I was writing in a vacuum. Although I shared my works with a small handful of close friends, I was terrified about showing them to other people. One day I decided to take the plunge and start a blog, so I could share what I write.
(At that time, sharing my writing with strangers online seemed less daunting than with people I knew in real life. However now I am just as terrified because I actually know you guys… lol :’) )
3. YOU GUYS!!
To be honest, when I started blogging, I had no idea what it was all about. I thought that I’d just write a post, cross my fingers, and hopefully other people will read it. But it’s so much more than that. Blogging is about making friends and being part of the community. That’s what made me love blogging so much. If not for you guys, I wouldn’t have stuck around for as much as I have 🙂
People Who Inspire Me to Blog
I think this is going to be SO hard to narrow it down to three, since there are so many people and blogs that I am inspired by. Here is a shoutout to some of my favourite peeps 🙂
1. Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books: Marie is one of the first bloggers that I’ve met (almost a year ago – wow!) I love how her posts are honest, courageous and relatable. Marie has introduced me to Far from the Tree which is one of my favourite YA contemporary books so far. She is so sweet and I am happy that we’ve been in touch for so long.
2. The Orangutan Librarian is constantly amazing me with her discussion posts, which are humorous and thoughtful. Thanks to her, I began to read more classics, such as Rebecca and The Book Thief. She inspires me to read and blog courageously. Also, she is friendly and approachable!
3. Beth @ Reading Every Night: Beth’s blog is amazing- I love her thoughtful reviews and discussion posts. It is because of Beth that I decided to pick up Strange the Dreamer and continue the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, which I glad for. I am very happy that we have met, and I always look forward to chatting with her.
One Thing I Hope to Do to Improve the World
Other than being a kick-butt pharmacist, I want to write a novel that will captivate people, break them down to tears, and maybe, just maybe, change the way they think.
Beth’s Challenge Question
You come across a time machine however it can only go either into the future or into the past, not both, and your first trip sets it in that mode forever. Would you choose to travel into the future or travel into the past?
The past! To be honest, modern life is complicated, isn’t it? There’s social media and FOMO, plane travel and long-distance relationships, longer life-spans and drugs and companies who want to capitalize on them. Sometimes I wonder what life was like back in the day, you know?
I Nominate Thee:
Kelly @ Another Book on the Wall
Dani @ Perspective of a Writer
Ivy @ Ivy’s Well-Used Library Card
Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
And YOU 🙂
My Challenge Question:
If you could be famous or rich, but not both, which would you choose and why?
Leave a Reply