Thank you to Sofii @ A Book A Thought for nominating me for this award a while back. Be sure to hop over to her blog and check out her answers as well!
The award was created by Maggie @Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
The Awesome Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Credit the creator
- Tag this post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
- Answer all the questions given to you
- Nominate some people
- Write 10 questions for them to answer
What are your hopes for your blog this year?
This year marks my 3rd year of blogging (Whoa! Time really flies!!) I have a reliable schedule going which really works for me, which includes posting twice a week and featuring authors in occasional Writers’ Corner posts. My personal life is pretty hectic right now, so my hope is to just continue what I’m doing and to continue blogging about topics that I love.
Who or what are you most grateful for in life?
I’m grateful for my wonderful family and hubby. I am fortunate in many ways and my life would not be what it is now without them. Thank you ❤️
If you could write a book with one of your favorite authors, which one would it be?
Oh boy!! This is a tough question!! I read almost all of Marissa Meyer‘s books and loved each and every single one that I’ve read. I admire her ability to create relatable characters and awesome character chemistry. I would love to work with her and learn about how her writing process works!
What’s one thing you’re leaving behind in 2019?
My travelling plans lol 😂
Describe your blog in three words
Creative, positive, fun!
What idea or concept do you think is still missing in the book community to be better?
I still see an overwhelming amount of positive reviews and hype out there. I think we all don’t want to be downers, but I would like to see a balance of both positive and negative reviews. I feel hesitant and nervous whenever I post a negative review, especially if it is for a book that is widely popular, however I think it is best way we can be honest. The truth is that we won’t like every book we read, and a book can be very popular and loved but still won’t appeal to everyone. I think seeing more negative reviews would add a healthy dose of realistic expectations even for the awesome books out there.
What would be an incredible but unlikely literary couple?
After reading Jo & Laurie, I really warmed up to this couple! However it was not meant to be in the original Little Women.
Name 3 books that you think deserve greater recognition?
I’ve been loving Middle Grade books this year, which I think don’t earn as much recognition or hype as YA books. Here are some of my favourites:
Which popular book do you think is overrated?
I loved Scythe and Thunderhead but I really couldn’t get into The Toll.
Stop time or go back in time? & Why?
I would love to stop time for two reasons: 1) I would get a lot more stuff done. There just aren’t enough hours in the day! and 2) Time just flies too quickly. I would love to enjoy the moment more!
My nominations for the awesome bloggers out there:
- What are your favourite books of 2020 so far?
- Where do you write your blog?
- Which type of blog post do you like reading the most?
- Which type of blog post do you like writing the most?
- What book format do you like the most? (e.g. physical book, eBook, audiobook?)
- If you could travel to one place in the world, where would you travel to?
- Favourite dessert?
- If you are stranded on an island, and you can choose to keep either your cellphone or a lifetime supply of books, which would you choose? (Clarification: Your phone has internet and cell reception but you cannot use it to get yourself off the island.)
- Which book do you remember most vividly?
- Would you rather eat good food or wear fashionable clothing?