It’s such a tough and strange time out there- I think we could all use some sunshine right about now!
I’m just kidding. Keep calm. We’re all going to survive this… I think.
Thank you to Abi @ Scribbles & Stories for this nomination. If you haven’t checked out Abi’s blog, be sure to give her a visit. Abi is so sweet and kind and talented! In addition to being a book blogger, she also has her own Etsy store!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog.
What fictional food would you love to try?
I’m very curious about Cauldron Cakes! Apparently they were selling these kits at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (but I missed them!)
What real life food would you serve to your favourite fictional character?
Oh hmmm… well cooking isn’t my forte but one of my favourite dishes to cook is stir-fried tomatoes and eggs. It’s like scrambled eggs except you also add tomatoes to it, then season it with a bit of salt. And literally that’s it!! It’s super simple to make and delicious too!
Have you ever dog-eared, highlighted, or written in a book?
Don’t kill me everyone but…
Yes. I’ve actually done all of the above LOL back in the day.
I’ve dog-eared books (usually books that I’ve bought second-hand) when I really couldn’t find a bookmark. I’ve highlighted my old Pharmacy textbooks when I was studying for exams. And I’ve written in books back in high school English class (my own copies! don’t worry, not shared or library copies haha.)
Now I read mostly ebooks and the few physical copies I own are precious to me, so I don’t do any of this any more!
What’s your favourite blog post you’ve ever written?
My blog posts are my children and it’s really hard to choose one haha. However of my recent blog post I liked this one about how I was chosen as a mentee for Author Mentor Match.
I had so much emotions going on all at once at that time, and I felt that I captured it all very well in this post!
Do you enjoy listening to audiobooks?
It’s complicated. I used to love audiobooks (see my old discussion post here) and then I fell out of love with them (see my new discussion post here) and now I’m… somewhere in between. It really depends on my mood and how much I like the audiobook narrator.
What is your favourite book cover? (Or covers, if you can’t just pick one!)
My answer for this changes so often haha. I think my favourite cover out of the books I’ve read this year so far is Daisy Jones & The Six. It’s just a beautiful portrait and looks like it could be an album cover for an oldies rock band (definitely fooled me for a moment there haha!)
If you had the option, would you choose to stay in our world or go live in a fictional one?
Usually I would LOVE to stay in our world, but these days it kind of feels like I’m living in a fictional (dystopian) world haha. At this time I would love to escape to Hogwarts.
What do you use to write your blog posts? (e.g. notebook and pen, laptop, phone app…)
I use my laptop, although sometimes I draft my reviews (and occasional discussion posts) on the Notes application on my phone.
Do you like movie/TV adaptations, or wish they would just leave the books alone?
I don’t mind movie/TV adaptations. Usually movie and TV show-watchers include people who don’t usually read books, and if these people enjoy the movie/TV show, they might start reading the book version. Even if they don’t ever read the books, at least the movie/TV format is able to tell the story to a broader audience.
I myself started reading Harry Potter after I watched the first movie (and loved it.) I also have a friend who never liked reading (and still doesn’t like reading) but she is a HP fan and listens to the HP audiobooks now.
Did you enjoy reading as a child? What age did you really get into it?
As long as I can remember, I was surrounded by stories. When I was small, I listened to Journey to the West (a famous Chinese folk tale for children) audiobooks and my grandpa read his own fantasy novels to me.
When I was 8 years old, I started reading English books for the first time in my English as a Second Language classes. My ESL teacher gave us stickers and other rewards for each book that we read- I was ecstatic because I was surrounded by books AND I got prizes for reading them!
Which do you prefer – paperback, hardback, ebook, or audiobook?
There are definitely pros and cons to each format and I would be here forever if I talk about them all in detail haha. I like physical books because I like feeling the pages in my hand, and they let me take a break from screen time. At the same time, I love how portable and convenient ebooks are!
(For a bit of fun, I’ve made them pandemic-themed. But no worries, these questions are can be done at any time. Who knows? The pandemic might be over by the time you do this tag!)
- If the situation becomes dire and you have to trade away your precious books in exchange for food*, and you can only choose 5 books from your TBR to keep, which books would you choose?
- If you can only choose 5 books to re-read, which books would you choose?
- What food can you never get tired of eating?
- What is your favourite thing to do in the comfort of your home, other than reading and blogging?
- What are your thoughts about exercising inside the house?
- If you wake up tomorrow and realize that your life up until now has been a dream, and that you are in fact have been living in a different country or fictional world your entire life, what country/fictional world do you want to wake up in?
- Which pet (real or fictional) would you choose to be your self-isolation companion?
- Takeout or home cooking?
- Favourite social media platform?
- TV shows or movies?
- Do you binge-read books or read a bit at a time?
*Note: I’m just kidding here. Last time I heard, our food supply is pretty solid and won’t diminish any time soon- so no real need to panic!
I nominate these awesome people!
- Juli @ Kozy Words
- Kristi @ Confessions of a YA Reader
- Deborah @ The Reading Chick
- Bludgers and Broomsticks
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia
- Margaret @ Weird Zeal
- Sophie @ Me and Ink
- Esther @ We’ve Got Pockets
- Jai Lynn
- Caro @ The Bookcheshire Cat
- Vanessa @ The Wolf and Books
Let me know some of your own answers to these questions! How is the pandemic treating you? Stay well!
Photo by Jordan Wozniak on Unsplash
Leave a Reply