July Goals & TBR!

Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of MINI-REVIEW-4

Can you all believe that it is July!??! I am still in denial that this year is half-over (even though I had already written that mid-year freak-out post haha…)

I have a feeling that July is going to be crazy for me. I have a work-related deadline (boo), Camp Nanowrimo (yay), and a new doggy addition to our family (double yay!! Read more about Zander, our Mini Pinscher here!)

giphy

(This hamster is going to be me by the middle of this month.)

Blog_tbr

I’m going to keep my TBR short and sweet this month! Looking forward to re-reading the second-last book in the Harry Potter series (which, to be honest I remember nothing about!) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be another re-read which I am excited for. Also can’t wait to read The Unexpected Everything and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo!

Blog_goals

Reading

Bullet Read 4 books!

Bullet Continue re-reading the Harry Potter series! (Home stretch!)

Writing

Bullet Finish Camp Nanowrimo! (Goal: 25,000 words!)

This is one of my priorities this month. I already have the outline drafted and ready to go! I also have 5 days off from work at the end of the month to give myself an extra boost to the finish line 🙂

Blogging

Bullet Be more organized using a spreadsheet!

Bullet B&W Photo Challenge! (Thanks Darren @ The Arty Plantsman for the nomination!)

I’ve been so amazed by people who keep track of their blogging via spreadsheets (Fadwa @ Word Wonders comes to mind!) so I finally decided to start my own. It’s about time! Now I am determined to keep track of every single tag I will ever get (go on!! tag me!!)

Life

Bullet Spend quality time with our new family member Zander. Train him to learn some basic commands! (No worries Charles- we haven’t forgotten about you!)

What is on your TBR this month? How do you organize your blogging? Are you doing Camp Nano? Any dog training tips!??!

42 thoughts on “July Goals & TBR!

Hello JW!
      No worries. I think it’s natural that our writing ebbs and flows. Sometimes the inspiration isn’t there or there is just not enough hours in the day! 50K words is a lot of editing to do so it is understandable that it’ll take some time 🙂
      My novel is coming along! I created an outline this time from beginning to end (yay!), which is really helping now that I started writing 🙂
      Wishing you a great July! Hope that you’ll get some quality writing/editing time this month 🙂

1. Cats&Tea says:

I’m doing Camp Nano, but so far haven’t set any specific word goal! I’m just trying to get words on a page and whatever I end up with, I’ll be happy with. I can only kill myself over 50k so many times a year, so I’ll save the stress and pulling my hair out for November. I’m currently sitting around 2.5k though

Also, I read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo last month and I LOVED it!! It was one of my favorite reads of the year so far, so I hope you love it too!

Hello 🙂
      That’s great to hear that you are doing Camp Nano as well! Not everyone is motivated by setting word count goals, so that is all right to not have one. I think it’s quality over quantity at the end of the day 🙂 However it sounds like you are making great progress so far, good job!
      Haha 50K is a crazy word goal and to be honest I don’t think I have it in me this November but we will see 🙂
      That’s awesome that you loved Evelyn Hugo. I am definitely looking forward to reading that one 🙂

2. CJR The Brit says:

Love your goals, sending you luck 😁

I always say I’m going to do a Harry Potter reread and I read book 1 then life happens or an arc arrives and that is that! I really need to make more time for them!

Oh I am so happy you are going to read The Unexpected Everything, I love this book so much ❤ I keep on hearing about Evelyn Hugo, I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on that one 😀
    Have a wonderful month and best of luck with NaNo I hope you'll get to write loads 😀

I’m definitely looking forward to reading The Unexpected Everything!! 🙂 Evelyn Hugo should be an interesting read which I am excited for as well.
      Thank you Marie ❤ Wishing you a wonderful month as well!!

Good luck with you reading goals for this month Sophie, I really hope you enjoy The Unexpected Everything. It’s not my favourite of Morgan Matson’s reads but it’s still an amazing book, and there are so many cute puppies as well I’m sure you’ll adore them all. 😀
    Also good luck with Camp NaNo, we have the same goal for this month so finger’s crossed we both beat it right?! 🙂 ❤

Hello Beth ❤
      Looking forward to reading The Unexpected Everything! I didn't realize there are dogs in this book (of course- it makes sense because they are on the cover!) but this makes me even more excited to read it 🙂 Just curious, which Morgan Matson book is your favourite?
      Good luck to both of us for Camp Nano! I think we can do it if we put our minds to it 🙂

5. Fadwa @ Word Wonders says:

You’re going to LOVE The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo! I’ve owned a copy of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for two years now and still have to read it oops. Although a friend of mine has been nagging me to read it haha, so I might soon.
    Good luck with the spreadsheets, I hope they work for you ❤

6. 3C Style says:

Let’s see… What’s up for July: lots of reread, one week diving with the kids, making T-shirt designs, trying to organise (more) my blogging (I should be using spreadsheets too), some DIY projects, cleaning the garage, swimming, yoga, gardening and… eat ice cream! Good luck with your July goals and TBR.

Hello Dominique! Sounds like you have lots going on this month! A week of diving sounds like fun. What DIY projects will you be working on?
      I read your email about the T-shirt design. Sounds like a great idea and I would love to take part. When would you like a photo by? 🙂

• 3C Style says:

This is fabulous news, Sophie. When? Is Yesterday a good time for you? Seriously, take your time, but as soon as you can would be great. About my DIY: I have the feather mules and the leather cuff jeans to show on the blog. I also have a few home deco projects. I should be able to do these in July and August. Have a great weekend.

Okay awesome 🙂 I’ll send you some pics when I have them! Please send me a reminder next week if I haven’t gotten back to you yet. I really want to be part of this project though I am not too great at being organized haha 🙂
        I remember seeing a photo of the feather mules on your blog before and I would love to see how you made them 🙂 Leather cuff jeans sound very cool as well!

• 3C Style says:

Thanks Sophie. I got your email. Your dogs are so cute. I like both of them, but I confess I have a crush Charles! I think the pics are fine. Lisa will tell if she needs pics with a different angle.

As you know, I don’t have many blog posts yet. 😂 But what I do to keep track, is to have an excel spreadsheet with the titles and wordcounts of each post. I also have a folder with each of my blog articles on my computer. Then I back up all these articles on my email accounts and even on my kindles. Because I am super paranoid about keeping multiple backup copies of my writing. 😂

I’m so happy about my story writing!! Honestly it’s one of the main highlights of my life right now. I’m so excited about the romance, lol. This couple’s situation is so damn interesting. 8D I am so hooked on my own story right now. XD And of course, I keep fantasizing about what might happen next. XD Lol I’m such a fanboy of my own romances I’m writing. 😂😂😂 This couple has REALLY caught my love and attention, as you can see.

Still feeling hyper about my story, haha.

Oh gosh because of my story, I’ve been REALLY slowing down on writing blog posts and even on reading books… I’ve also been doing some of the fun writing exercises from Verbalize. Very fun and insightful exercises but more time-consuming than I expected. XD I probably spend too much time socializing too, both online and IRL, haha.

Wow that’s awesome that you are so organized when it comes to blogging. It took me a year to get a spreadsheet started haha! Sounds like a good idea to back-up your posts 🙂

That’s great that you are excited about your story so far! I can definitely feel it based on your comment here and on the Camp Nano group 🙂 Being in tune with our character and our story is an important part of writing, and it makes writing more fun which is a bonus!

I am also excited about writing, but unfortunately I have so much on my mind lately that I don’t get to think about my story until I am actually physically writing it 😦 I am glad to be able to fall back on my outline since it takes some of the thinking out of the equation haha.

It’s hard to balance priorities isn’t it? I haven’t been blog-hopping this week as much as I should, and reading is progressing very very slowly. I also have lots of social events lined up these days which are fun but takes a lot of time (and energy!) out of my day. I wish I have more time to write! Oh the woes of a part-time writer haha 🙂
      That’s great that you’re enjoying the writing exercises!

8. Stefanie says:

Do share how the spreadsheet organizes your blogging. I’m such a rebel to be honest. I get notions that I should do this and be more consistent in that but then I end up flying by the seat of my pants.

I was flying by the seat of my pants up until recently haha 🙂 I think everyone has their own way. I’ve met bloggers who have been around for years who never needed a blogging schedule.
      In terms of my spreadsheet, I have one tab for “tags and awards” and another tab for “blog post ideas”. I also make calendars for each month where I can assign blog posts to certain days of the week. I find that this helps me keep track of which tags I have yet to do and also remember my blog post ideas (otherwise I would forget!)