The Harry Potter Book Tag

Copy of Copy of MINI-REVIEW-3

A big thanks to Beth @ Reading Every Night for tagging me! It is the best timing, since I’ve been re-reading Harry Potter and loving it lots.

The Harry Potter Book Tag was created by Trang and Lashaan at Bookidote (who also made these wonderful graphics. Aren’t they awesome!?)

harry-potter-tag

hp-flagrate

A book you found the theme interesting, but you’d like to rewrite it.

32333174

I liked the premise and the theme of Want: A divided society where the rich and privileged can use money to buy a longer life. However this book disappointed me so much because of its shallow characters and lack of research. Please, someone rewrite this book!!

hp-alohomora

The first book in a series that got you hooked.

29385546

I’ll have to steal Beth’s answer for that one. Warcross was just THAT good and I can’t wait for Wildcard.

hp-accio

A book you wish you could have right now.

29283884

The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is a book that I am in the mood to read right now!

hp-avada-kevadra

A killer book. Both senses. Take it as you like.

1627

I’ll have to pick Brokeback Mountain because this one really broke my heart!

hp-confundo

A book that you found really confusing.

34928122

Don’t get me wrong, I love Andy Weir’s books because they are so smart and so well-researched. But to be honest… I can barely follow the scientific jargon in Artemis and half the time I am absolutely lost. (Physics was never my forte.)

hp-expecto-patronum

Your spirit animal book.

30653853

I can’t talk enough about The Upside of Unrequited. Molly is like my spirit animal (or… erh, my spirit person) because she is exactly like me!

hp-sectumsempra

A dark twisted book.

5886881

Satanic Sacrifices? Check. The Kill Club? Check. A brother who is a convinced murderer? Check. I usually stay away from dark and twisted books but Dark Places proved to be one of my favourite thrillers of all time.

hp-aparecium

A book that surprised you in a great way, reveals more than it is.

23395680

Illuminae blew me away.

I tag these wonderful peeps!

The Orangutan Librarian

Tasya @ The Literary Huntress

Zezee @ Zezee with Books

Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books

Margaret @ Weird Zeal

Zoie @ Whisked Away By Words

Darren @ The Arty Plantsman

Dani @ Perspective of a Writer

And anyone who would like to do this tag 🙂

Do you have a favourite spell from Harry Potter? (Mine is “Wingardium Leviosa” which sounds really awesome.) Let me know how you would answer some of these questions!

72 thoughts on “The Harry Potter Book Tag

Hello Kristin!
      Yay glad to hear that you’re interested in doing this tag! Looking forward to seeing your answers!
      Yes there is quite a bit of jargon in Artemis although it is possible to follow along without understanding everything. Although I liked the MC, I felt that the secondary characters could have been better developed. I’d be glad to hear your thoughts if you do decide to read this book one day 🙂

Lovely answers for this tag, Sophie! I’m so sad that Want disappointed you – I think I remember your review of that one. I heard tons of great things about it from fellow bloggers though, so I am still on the fence about trying it out or not. And YES I LOVED WARCROSS so much, can’t wait for the sequel! 😀

Haha yes I rant about my dislike for Want whenever there is the opportunity to! I think it is partly because the book talked about the pharmaceutical industry which I feel was poorly researched. But if I weren’t a pharmacist, I might not have recognized that and maybe enjoyed the book more 🙂
      Yes Warcross was so amazing!!!

Oh great answers for this tag Sophie! 😀 Warcross is definitely a book that had me hooked from the second I picked it up. When it comes to that question there’s no better answer right? I think of all the books I read recently it was the first that came to mind for that question. Also yes you need to read The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue ASAP, it’s amazing and one of my all-time favourite so I’m sure you’ll love it (plus the companion novel is being released later this year so if you time it right you can go from this one straight into The Ladies Guide to Pirates and Petticoats)!
    Great post, and again great answers for this tag. 🙂 ❤

3. Julianna @ Paper Blots says:

That really sucks that you didn’t really enjoy Want, it sounds really interesting and I’m really excited for that book! Also, Warcross WAS SO GOOD. I LOVED IT SO MUCH. IT’S MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME AND I’M IN LOVE WITH HIDEO OKAY??

Hi Juliana 🙂
      I think there are lots of people who enjoyed Want. I personally didn’t but don’t take my word for it!
      Yes Warcross was amazing!!! I also loved reading about Hideo and can’t wait for the next book 🙂

Hi Kelly! Haha yeah Artemis isn’t for the faint of heart. I had to rewind my audiobook many times and sometimes I still don’t get what’s going on XD However I think it is possible to follow the plot without understanding all the technicalities

Expecto patronum would be a cool spell! Makes me wonder what my patronus would be like? (Maybe a cat? lol) I loved Brokeback Mountain. The movie was amazing and the book was just as good 🙂
      Dark Places is one of my favourite thrillers. Hope you give this a try in the future 🙂

I think my patronus will be a bunny. 😁

Oh man, the story was so sad…… ;( The part where Ennis threw up really affected me, omg. And of course, the ending. 😦

I read Gone Girl, by the same author, so Dark Places looks promising!

Yes Brokeback Mountain was a short novel (novella? short story?) but impactful. I loved the ending but it was one of the saddest I’ve read.
      I think if you loved Gone Girl you will enjoy Dark Places too 🙂 It is maybe even darker and more twisted than Gone Girl but in a good way haha.

Oh, thank you so much for tagging me! I can’t wait to do this tag (especially b/c it’s related to Harry Potter) 😆

Warcross was definitely an amazing book!! I think I fell even more with it since it was a book I read with my book club. There was just so much to discuss about that book regarding technology, which applied a lot to our own lives. Illuminae is a good choice for a book that blew you away, too! I enjoyed seeing your book selections for this tag! 😊

Hope that you’ll enjoy this tag when you get to it Zoie. Looking forward to reading your answers 🙂
      That’s great to hear that you also liked Warcross and Illuminae as well! That’s cool that you read Warcross with a book club. I love the discussion that goes on in book clubs in general 🙂 Happy reading ❤