How are you doing today? A short life update: I just ran a 10K race while fighting off a cold- Don’t know how I survived, but here I am! (Should we run or exercise when we are sick? This is something I am always confused about…)
I also have this coming week off from work (yay!)
Anyway, since I’ve been on a roll when it comes to tags, thought that I will do another one. I came across The Reading Habits Tag on Jasmine’s Reading Blog and thought that it was super fun, so I thought that I’d… erh, well, tag myself 🙂
1) Bookmarks or random piece of paper?
Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of pretty bookmarks and invested in a few myself in the past, but I could never keep track of them! I end up misplacing them around my apartment or inside one of my books, and never find them ever again! So, more often than not, I am using a random piece of paper, such as a grocery store receipt (which, ironically, I keep using for a long time and never lose.)
2) Stop reading randomly or after a chapter/certain amount of pages?
Because 90% of my reading happens on public transit, it means that I stop whenever I reach my destination, whether it is when the characters are confessing their love to each other or when they are in the middle of fighting the villain in the climactic scene at the end of the book. It’s annoying when I have to put down the book when it gets exciting!
3) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Most of the time I am reading on the train, however I also can be found reading in bed before going to sleep or listening to an audiobook at the gym!
4) Do you eat or drink while reading?
Nope! Reasons being:
- It’s hard to eat without getting food on the book!
- I love food and I love books, so when I eat food I want to focus on the taste of the food and when I read I want to focus on the content of the book!
5) Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Music only when it is an instrumental or in a language that I cannot understand, otherwise… I get distracted.
I don’t have TV but if I did, the same criteria would apply!
6) One book at a time or several?
Usually I have one audiobook and one print/eBook going on at one time. I listen to the audiobook when I am at the gym and the print book during other times.
7) Reading at home or everywhere?
Public transit! Gym! Waiting rooms! Basically, whenever my mind is unoccupied 🙂
8) Reading out loud or silently?
Silently, unless there is a quote that I really love and want to share with the other people around me!
9) Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Nope! Sometimes my mind wants to (especially when it is a really really exciting/dramatic scene and I desperately want to know what happens and if my favourite character survives) and I have to force myself to not skip ahead a few paragraph haha 🙂
10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I try to keep it like new, though it feels more comfortable to hold a book after breaking in the spine. I also don’t mind buying used books with spines already broken in.
11) Do you write in your books?
Nope, unless it is for English class.
That’s it! Thanks for reading! I tag these awesome people:
And of course… YOU!