The #NotAll Book Tag!

The #NotAll Book Tag!

Thanks to The Orangutan Librarian for tagging me! She is also the inventor of this fun and ingenious tag! Be sure to check out her blog, which is super, duper awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

I am guilty of making generalizations about books, movies, and other things in life. However this tag reminds us that there are often exceptions to the rule ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

#NOTALL COVER CHANGESย โ€“ A COVER CHANGE YOU LIKED

This is a difficult question for me. Since I read eBooks or listen to audiobooks most of the time, I don’t pay much attention to book covers! However, I ADORE the new Harry Potter covers!

#NOTALL ADAPTATIONSย โ€“ AN ADAPTATION YOU LOVE MORE THAN THE BOOK

Apologies to the Twilight fans out there. The book was a DNF for me. I just couldn’t stand the drawn-out dialogues and Bella Swan. However, I actually enjoyed the movie ๐Ÿ™‚

41865

#NOTALL TROPESย โ€“ A TROPE YOUโ€™LL NEVER TIRE OF SEEING

I am with The Orangutan Librarian on this one! I absolutely love characters who are tough on the outside but soft on the inside!! Baz from Carry On and Laurent from The Captive Prince come to mind ๐Ÿ™‚

#NOTALL INSTALOVEย โ€“ YOU INSTALOVED THIS INSTACOUPLE

Okay, everyone. I know… there are problematic aspects with this book and not everyone loved it, but I actually enjoyed reading about Olly and Maddie in Everything Everything.

18692431

#NOTALL LOVE TRIANGLESย โ€“ AN EXAMPLE OF LOVE TRIANGLE DONE WELL

Loved it ๐Ÿ˜€

15749186

#NOTALL PARENTSย โ€“ BOOKISH PARENTS THAT, YOU KNOW, PARENT!

Oh hahaha! I love this one! I LOVE YA books that portray parents well. One of my favourites is Here We Are Now.

18336972

#NOTALL VILLAINS โ€“ย A VILLAIN YOU LOVE

Hands down, Amy Dunne. She is just SO ingenious.

19288043

#NOTALL CHOSEN ONES โ€“ย A CHOSEN ONE YOU CAN GET BEHIND

Recognize this guy!? Back in the day, I was the biggest Ash Ketchum fangirl :’)

bsz0u9wv

#NOTALL HYPED BOOKSย โ€“ A BOOK THAT LIVED UP TO THE ACCLAIM

At one point, everyone was talking about Illuminaeย (and they still are to a certain point). This book did NOT disappoint.

23395680

#NOTALL *INSERT FAVOURITE GENRE*ย โ€“ A BOOK YOUโ€™RE NOT KEEN ON FROM YOUR FAVOURITE GENRE

Usually I love reading YA contemporary fiction featuring LGBT characters, however, I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I expected.

6567017

#NOTALL *INSERT LEAST FAVOURITE GENRE*ย โ€“ A BOOK YOU LIKED FROM A GENRE YOU DONโ€™T OFTEN READ

I absolutely loved When Breath Becomes Air which is from a genre that I rarely read (memoirs and biography).

25899336

I won’t tag anyone specifically this time. However, if you like this tag and want to do it – consider yourself tagged!!

What do you think about the new HP covers? Are you a fan of the Twilight book/movies? Did your favourite genre ever disappoint you? Any favourites from a genre you don’t usually read?

36 thoughts on “The #NotAll Book Tag!

Hi Sophie! I hope you are settling in well in your new place โค
    Lovely answers for this tag ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm with you on the Harry Potter covers, I love the new ones so, so much, I actually want to re-buy the whole series just to have these new gorgeous covers, haha. I have to read a Jasmine Warga book this year, please feel free to remind me to do so. Her stories sounds fantastic and I am all for great parents in books ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Marie!
      Yes my dog and I am settling in well! I just started my new job today- not minding the longer commute since I actually have more time to read ๐Ÿ™‚
      Glad to hear that you are also a fan of the newer HP covers! Hope that you will get a chance to read a Jasmine Warga book this year ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to hear your thoughts โค
      Hope you are doing well too โค

Great answers for this tag Sophie! ๐Ÿ˜€ There have been so many different covers for Harry Potter, and while I think they have gotten better as they’ve gone on I don’t think I’m going to love any cover more than that of the first copies of the books I brought, just because they’re the books I grew up with you know? Love triangles are a trope I’m not really much of a fan of but I do agree with you that the one in the Lara Jean books wasn’t that bad, and oh I’m so glad Illuminae was a book that lived up to the hype for you. It’s just incredible isn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Again great answers, and great post as well. ๐Ÿ˜€ โค

Hello Beth โค ๐Ÿ™‚
      Yes! I know what you mean in that the covers that we grow up with will always mean a lot to us. Haha I am not a fan of love triangles as well, since they are usually cliche, so I struggled with answering that question! However I think in Lara Jean, so far they haven't been too predictable? (I am reading the last book in the series now!)
      Yes Illuminae was amazing ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
      Thank you Beth โค Have a wonderful week!

3. theorangutanlibrarian says:

Thank you so much for the lovely shoutout!! I love all the HP covers to be honest ๐Ÿ˜‰ I really like that choice! hehe I think that makes a lot of sense about Twilight and is not something I’d feel bad for DNFing (I unfortunately read them all) YES- love Baz and Laurent ๐Ÿ˜€ I really liked Ollie and Maddy too. Yes to To all the boys! And amy’s a great villain!! So agree about Illuminae ๐Ÿ˜€ Loved your ansswers!!

4. Kat Impossible says:

I don’t get why YA is so bad at doing good/present parents. I delight whenever I am even getting a glimpse at a good take on literary parents. I still haven’t read Here We Are Now, but that’s really good to know for when I pick it up. I enjoyed Warga’s first book quite a lot ๐Ÿ˜€

Haha I wonder that too. However maybe it is because the books are supposed to gear towards the YA audience, and the assumption is that teenagers prefer it when parents are portrayed that way? Hope you will get the chance to read Here We Are Now. I really loved that book ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree, the new UK Harry Potter covers are so beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ Even though I had the complete set at home, when I was traveling and saw those UK covers in Hong Kong, I HAD TO buy my favorite HP book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, again ๐Ÿ˜† I enjoyed reading your tag!

Thank you Zoie ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the UK covers as well. Though I’ve read all the HP books, I really do want to reread the series again, since I am embarrassed that I don’t remember much about them :’)