The Fall Activities Book Tag

Sunset chaser

Happy Friday, everyone!

This Wednesday I did the road test for my full driver’s license. When I woke up in the morning, it was like this outside:

With all the snow on the road, I thought I was doomed. Oh, Canada :’)

Despite this, I PASSED!!!!!!

Anyhow, even though there is snow in my corner of the universe, it is still fall (right!? RIGHT?!) Which means that I can still do…

Sunset chaser

Thank you to Beth @ Reading Every Night for tagging me!ย It was super fun to brainstorm the answers. Beth is very kind and sweet, and her blog is awesome, so be sure to check out her post, as well!

Apple Picking:
A book on your TBR that looks so great you canโ€™t wait to get into it.

32768522

Apparently this is a parody of Harry Potter! I was a big fan of Harry Potter growing up (and still am!) I also loved reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, which tells the story of a fangirl of Carry On. I think this one is going to be right up my alley. ๐Ÿ™‚

Corn Maze:
A book to get lost in.

23395680

Once I started reading this book, I couldn’t stop! Just when I thought I got the hang of what was happening, there was another plot twist that blew me away.

Haunted Houses:
A book that scared you.

292362991

To be honest, this one was a toss-up between Illuminae and Gemina. Both were freaky at certain parts of the book and gave me chills up my spine (as I walked my dog in pitch black at night while listening to the audiobook.)

Pumpkin Patch:
The latest book you picked up/purchased.

18336972

I absolutely loved this new book by Jasmine Warga. It is such a feel-good story about love and family that made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Scenic Drives:
A book that is lyrically beautiful.

25899336

Wow :’)

Pumpkin Carving:
A book you didnโ€™t like and wouldnโ€™t mind cutting up.

32333174

Guys, this is going to be an unpopular opinion: There was so much hype around this book a few months back and I was so, so excited to read it. But I couldn’t deal with the cookie-cutter main characters who were attractive and shallow, and the romance that felt forced. The lack of research stuck out like a sore thumb. Without giving anything away, there was some drug research that went on in this novel: That is not how drug research is done. Nope. Nuh-uh.

Drinking Apple Cider:
A sweet book to curl up with.

19547856

Such a cute story. I loved Simon and Blue through and through, from beginning to end.

Jumping in a Leaf Pile:
A book that reminds you of your childhood.

I couldn’t resist these nostalgia purchases โค

Scary Movie Night:
Your favourite spooky read.

5886881

Gillian Flynn is my newest obsession. After reading Gone Girl (which I absolutely loved, even more than the movie), I couldn’t resist reading another one of her works. Dark Places did not disappoint. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. And yes, there were a few moments when the hair at my neck stood on end.

Costume Party:
A book with an eclectic cast of characters.

9780141356112

I absolutely loved the diverse cast in this novel. Molly is a self-proclaimed “fat girl” (we really don’t see much of that in fiction, do we?) She and her twin sister Cassie (who is gay) ย are born via sperm donation and raised by two mothers. Did I mention that Cassie’s girlfriend is a Korean-American who is pansexual?

I tag these awesome people:

Zoie @ Whisked Away By Words

Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm

The Orangutan Librarian

Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm Life

Lashaan @ Bookidote

If you have already done this tag, or if you don’t like to do tags, (or if it is already winter where you live), no worries! On the other hand, if anyone wants to do this tag, go for it!

What are your favourite fall activities? Is it snowing where you live? When does winter officially start?

45 thoughts on “The Fall Activities Book Tag

1. artyplantsman says:

Congratulations on passing your test Sophie๐Ÿ˜€

Favourite fall activity is complaining that I want to hibernate until March!

We have had floods in our area this week but it did have a feeble attempt at snow yesterday before turning to rain again! Forecast is for sunshine tomorrow. Will believe it when I see it!

Congratulations Sophie! You are officially a driver now! Many happy and uneventful miles!

To answer your question, I don’t really have any special fall activities (apart from the hassle of scheduling for school etc). You see, fall in Greece is somewhat peculiar and it really depends on where you live. There are areas that get proper fall but others just go from warm to cold. I live in a seaside town and some years (like last year) we don’t get a fall we just go straight to cold while this year there was a proper fall with cool nights etc. Winter is supposed to start in December but it’s different for each area again, we usually define winter as any time we have to use central heating.

Thank you Michael ๐Ÿ™‚ Haha yes I am glad to be a fully licensed driver!
      Where I live in Canada, we have a pretty short fall as well, usually just for one or two months. By November, I am already wearing my winter jacket :โ€™)
      Thatโ€™s interesting to hear that you define winter as when you guys have to use central heating. Thatโ€™s how we define fall, haha! In winter the heating is turned up!

3. Dani @ Perspective of a Writer says:

This was fun Sophie! I loved all of your answers… Congratulations of passing your driver’s test even though it was snowing! โค I was really bummed to see that about Want! I think I will drop it from my tbr then… I was super excited to read it because Asian rep but yeah I'm too intelligent NOT to miss poor research about drug testing… Thanks for the heads up!!

Yes I was very excited about Want as well because of the asian representation, but it just didnโ€™t live up to my expectations. The poor research really stuck out for me, but I think only because I work in the field of pharmaceuticals haha :โ€™) Iโ€™ve read so many other books that are better than this one, so I think you are better off prioritizing other books on your tbr!

Great answers, Sophie! and congratulations again for your driving test! โค
    I think I would have picked Gemina as well for the book that scared me? It was really, reaaaaally creepy at times. I both can't wait and am really nervous about Obsidio ahah.
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Want, this book was really hyped around the book blogging community! I haven't read it yet, but it's good to know that the research wasn't that good. Such a shame :/

Thank you Marie โค Haha glad to hear that I am not the only one scared by Gemina! I am so excited about Obsidio as well ๐Ÿ™‚
      Yes I remember the days when everyone posted amazing reviews about Want. It might be because my expectations were super high when I started reading the book, that I ended up disliking it so much. If I didnโ€™t have expectations, maybe I wouldโ€™ve thought it was okay? The lack of research was what really blew it for me, though :โ€™)

Oh I love your picks for this tag Sophie. I really hope you enjoy Carry On, it’s actually my favourite book by Rainbow Rowell (of the two by her I’ve actually read that is) and just one of my favourite books in general actually. I’ll be looking forwards to seeing your review. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Also I loved seeing both Illuminae and Gemina on your answers for this tag. They’re both incredible books, and yes they scared me too because I just think I was never sure what Amie and Jay were going to do to their characters. Literally no one was safe in either book, but it makes me so excited to see what they do in Obsidio.
    I need to get around to The Upside of Unrequited. I’ve seen amazing things being said about it so I need to get to it soon. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Great post, and also congratulations on passing your driving test! ๐Ÿ˜€ โค That's amazing and you must be so pleased as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Carry On has been on my TBR for a long, long time, but I am determined to get to it this upcoming month. I am glad to hear that you liked this book and I am optimistic that I will like it too ๐Ÿ™‚
      Yes I feel that way about Illuminae and Gemina as well, and I am very excited about Obsidio!
      Hope that you will enjoy The Upside if you do get around to reading it, Beth ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thank you! I am glad to be a fully licensed driver!

• Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

That’s all right. ๐Ÿ™‚ โค Oh I hope you manage to make it around to Carry On then, I have books that have been on my TBR list for ages and I'm never very good at sticking to my plan for reading them.
        Thanks I hope so too. ๐Ÿ™‚
        Oh I think being able to drive and having the freedom it offers you one of the best things ever. Also I love not having to rely on public transport if I don't need to. ๐Ÿ˜€

Haha yes, my TBR keeps getting longer because I add books at a faster rate than I can read them :’) I am too much of a mood reader- half of the books that I read are not on my monthly TBRs haha. That being said, I really do hope to get to reading Carry On soon.
        Yes! It feels amazing to drive!

• Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

Thatโ€™s pretty much what Iโ€™m doing as well. I feel like for every book I read I add two to my to-read list or something. ๐Ÿ™‚
        Ahh I know all too well about being a mood reader, and how hard TBR lists can be to stick to, but Iโ€™ll keep my fingers crossed for Carry On anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Chauncey Rogers says:

What a great tag! Those categories are a lot of fun. I especially like the Jumping in a Leaf Pile, though all of them are delightful.
    I think the book I’d want to carve up would be “A Separate Peace.” Had it for required reading back in high school, and still really, really don’t like that book.
    Congratulations on passing the test!

7. Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Wonderful answers, Sophie! Thank you for tagging me too; I have the worst track record with tags over the past year though. Even if I keep them all noted down, I barely ever find the time to do them… Might have to think of a way to plug them into Bookidote’s schedule in 2018! ๐Ÿ˜› I read Illuminae earlier in the year and thoroughly loved it. I haven’t picked up Gemina yet though. I sort of fear that it wouldn’t match up to the first book and that it wouldn’t be able to surprise me anymore! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Pssst… I also used to watch Sailor Moon as a kid. ๐Ÿ˜› I loved the magician in it, he was pretty awesome and whenever an episode had him appear, I was thrilled. ๐Ÿ˜€ Also, congratulations on your license!!!!

Thank you Lashaan! No worries, I am terrible with tags too- I am not too organized and probably forgot to do some of them :’)
      That’s great to hear that you loved Illuminae as well! I personally didn’t like Gemina as much, though I hear some people actually like Gemina more than Illuminae. Hope that you will continue reading this series ๐Ÿ™‚
      I think you are the first guy that I know who watches (or admits to watching) Sailor Moon haha :’) That’s awesome! I think guys should watch shows made for girls and vice versa- it will be a better and more accepting world if that is the case. And yes, Tuxedo Mask is cool ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Taiwo B. says:

Great answers! I love Carry On and Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda (the latter more๐Ÿ˜) I haven’t read Illuminae or Geminae (they keep on popping up EVERYWHERE). Sorry that you didn’t like Want. I started reading it once but sci-fi isn’t really my thing so I DNF’D it.
    Congrats on passing your test!

Thank you Taiwo!
      Yes Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of my favourite books this year. I could NOT put it down and read it in one whole day :’)
      I absolutely recommend Illuminae. Although it is sci-fi, it is WORLDS better than Want. Hope you will have a chance to read it one day, even if sci fi isn’t your genre ๐Ÿ™‚