The Book Aesthetic Tag!

Blog_bookaestheticstag.png

Do you like making aesthetics? As of today, I am officially addicted. Like, seriously. I could just make aesthetics all day instead of… I don’t know, breathing?

Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books inspired me to do this tag. Click on her name to check out the amazing aesthetics that she made!

Also, thanks for Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff for creating this tag! Michelle also created this AWESOME tutorial for making aesthetics – this post would not have been possible if not for her. Definitely check it out if you wanna learn how it’s done!

Rules

💛 Thank whoever nominated you (maybe you’re bitter that you have ANOTHER tag to do on top of the billions you already need to do (#relatable), still though. Someone thought of you. Be thankful. At least pretend to be
💛 Credit the creator of this tag (I feel so… weird, asking for credits?)
💛 There’s no limit of how many aesthetics you can make for a question, but think of your poor readers. Even me, an aesthetics hoe, might get tired after 50 aesthetics (I doubt anyone would make/share that many for this tag I just like to exaggerate \_(ツ)_/¯
💛 Make your OWN aesthetics, please don’t steal them from someone else. Also what’s the fun in that?

Favourite book of the year

The Name of the Wind

This is such a hard question to answer! BUT, if I have to choose, The Name of the Wind takes the cheese! It is such an imaginative story and I LOVE that magic actually makes sense in this book. Like, I could be convinced that I could put my laptop aside and do magic right now.

A character I relate to a lot

Molly

Hands down, Molly from The Upside of Unrequited! We are both quiet, sensitive and open-minded folks. AND we both love DIY! Why buy something when you can make it yourself?

A character I look up to

Lila

Lila from A Darker Shade of Magic is one of my favourite characters of all time! She is just so AWESOME and kicks butt wherever she goes!

An underrated gem

Captive Prince

The Captive Prince is one of my favourites series this year! I love how fast-paced, sexy, and mind-bending this novel is, and I am such a fan of Damen and Laurent ❤

A character who deserves more love

Cedric diggory

Cedric Diggory was my first book crush. The 12-year-old me buried my face in the pillow and cried for days when he……….. Hang on, hopefully that isn’t a spoiler anymore!? 😉 I reread the entire Goblet of Fire several times just so I could read more about this guy. *happy sigh*

An underrated OTP (One True Pairing)

(Hahaha…. am I the only one who had to google what that means? *embarrassed*)

Cho chang

While we are on the topic of Harry Potter, the 12-year-old me was also a HUGE fan of Cho Chang. And that’s because… well… I am Chinese, and back then, Cho Chang was the only Chinese character that I encountered in the books I read. I was like, “WHOA, CHINESE CHARACTER, SO AWESOME.” And since I loved Cho Chang and I loved Cedric and they loved each other – IT WAS MEANT TO BE. (Except it wasn’t……. 😥 )

All of these images are courtesy of Pinterest and Google. I do not own any of them. Compilation is done by the Fotor app.

Do you like making aesthetics? What is your favourite book this year? Are you a Harry Potter fan, and if so, who is your favourite character?

AND if you love making aesthetics/want to try making aesthetics, consider yourself tagged!

40 thoughts on “The Book Aesthetic Tag!

Great aesthetics (and nice books)!!! I know aesthetics is a greek word but I am totally incompetent in achieving anything remotely aesthetic (shame on me). But I love to see lovely ones by other people. And in your case it’s even better because you it’s not only a lovely image but there is a solid reading background behind each one.

PS1 I am such an indecisive person when it comes to favourites.
    PS2 I’ve read (and watched) almost all of HP. Nice but I wouldn’t call myself a big fan. I’d say McGonagall though
    PS3 It went public a couple of hours ago, thank you again!

Thank you!! I did not know that aesthetics is a Greek name, that is very interesting and I am glad that I learned something new today 🙂

Haha yes it is really hard to pick favourites! When people ask me, I usually draw a blank and say the first book I think of 🙂 Prof McGonagall is one favourite teacher in HP, she is very awesome!

That’s great that your video is public now! I’ll drop by 🙂

Thank you Kristin!! And thank you for giving me the idea to do this tag! It was my first time making aesthetics and it was super fun 🙂

Haha yes Cedric is adorbs ❤ I haven't done a hogwarts quiz but I think I am a hufflepuff at heart 🙂

Oh these are incredible aesthetics Sophie (funny story I’ve actually taken part in this tag as well because I have developed an intense love of aesthetics! :D) I love them all so much.
    I haven’t read many of these books, but the ones I have you have definitely fit the story/characters really well. The ones I haven’t read I want to run out and start straight away now; honestly seeing your aesthetic for The Upside of Unrequited really makes me want to read the book even more than I did before, and Lila is a favourite character of mine (from one of my all-time favourite series) so great choice for that question. 😀 ❤

3. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Oh I love your aesthetics so much, Sophie! ❤ It's interesting that you mentioned Cedric and Cho. They get so much hate from the HP community… And honestly, I wasn't a big fan of theirs, but I don't hate them either. I just think they weren't there enough to make me fall in love with them or relate to them.
    I really want to read The Name of the Wind, but I'm kind of waiting for the last book to come out first so I don't have to go through a dry spell hahaha Also, I'm still unsure about Lila. I didn't like her much at first, and then she won me over, but then in the second book she kind of annoyed me again? I don't know…
    Lovely post! 🙂

Thank you Sophie ❤ haha yes Cedric and Cho aren't one of the popular couples in HP, and I do agree that there isn't much development of their relationship!

Yes it is a good idea to wait for the last book to come out! I read #1 and #2, but there isn't a release date yet for #3! I am a bit worried that, with my memory, I would've forgotten everything about the first few books by the time it comes out haha 🙂

Haha yes I can imagine that Lila is not for everyone! We all have diff tastes in characters 🙂

• Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Yes, that’s what I’m so scared of! I have really bad memory so I’d rather just read everything in one go, because I know I wouldn’t want to reread the first two books xD
        I hope Lila can redeem herself in the last book… We’ll see! 😉

4. artyplantsman says:

Love your aesthetics Sophie. I had never heard the word used in this context before. I’m guessing it is a blogging term and I’m new to this.

My favourite Harry Potter character is Luna. She is quirky & different but caring and lovable.

Haha thank you and I am glad you like these! Yes it is a blogging term and frankly speaking I am not used to it either! When I first saw it being used in this context, I was like….. “aesthetic is a noun?” Lol 🙂

Luna is a very cool character 🙂

5. Michelle 🌈 says:

Oh my goodness no don’t start to make aesthetics instead of breathing haha. You need to breathe to make aesthetics 😛 Anyway I LOVE your aesthetics – they’re so pretty! I also love that you went with Cedric and Cedric x Cho. Even though they’re from such a popular series, barely anyone talks about them? Cedric is so pure and good I love him, he definitely deserves more love. And he and Cho were so cute!!